Key Features of the Cygnus ROV UTM Meter
- A-scan / Waveform to assist with measurement verification
- Multiple-Echo and Echo-Echo modes for accurate measurements through coatings up to 0.04 inch
- Single-Echo mode for heavily corroded metals with no coating
- Manual or automatic gain control
- High-performance SD2C transducer fitted with a Hard Rexolite Delay line
- Use the Auto Single-Echo / Echo-Echo / Multiple-Echo measuring mode for best results or set manually
- P50 Transducer Handler cleverly-designed to self-align with pipes from 50 mm diameters to flat surfaces
- Supplied with CygLink software to display and process measurements on a computer at the surface
- Easy calibration and measurement settings via CygLink software at the surface
Benefits of Multiple Echo
- Accepted by all major classification societies
- Measures remaining metal thickness on corroded and coated structures
- All measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to give repeatable, reliable results
- Saving inspection time and costs
Transducer Handling Solutions
The ‘P50’ Transducer Handler is designed to align the ultrasonic transducer on to straight pipes, from 2 inches in diameter all the way up to up to flat surfaces.
The spring-loaded transducer and v-shaped block allow the transducer to be positioned correctly on a straight pipe and move to accommodate different pipe diameters.
A gimbal allows the transducer to align on to the straight pipe surface when used with a ROV manipulator arm.
The transducer handler can be fitted with a choice of manipulator handles; T Bar or Fishtail.
Cyglink Computer Software
CygLink is a Windows® based application used to both transfer and manage data logged records, their corresponding A-scans as well as measurement comments and material velocity tables. Cyglink can generate PDF reports to present to the client and will also export data to Excel. Cyglink also displays A‑scans, allowing for off-site analysis of logged measurements at a later date.
The latest version of CygLink software is available to download – from ‘Software Downloads’.